I’m a huge fan of clean eating. If you’re not in the know—
Clean eating = whole food (organic when necessary), nothing processed or artificial.
One of my favorite foods at Whole Foods’ food bar is kale. They have it raw and in a really tasty salad with Tamari. Now before you go-off saying you don’t like kale, put a sock in it.
Whole Food’s uses what’s called the ANDI nutrition rating system, which tells you what foods have the highest nutritional value. Foods are ranked from 1-1000 and kale along with collards receives a perfect 1000.
So getting back to kale. My GF and I were tossing around ideas for what we would put in a kale salad, and here’s what we came up with.
Raid your pantry for the following things:
- 1 bunch of organic kale
- 1/4 head of red cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 lemon
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- red chili flakes
Get to work:
- Wash and dry veggies
- Trim away tough stems from kale leaves then cut leaves into rougly 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Lightly wilt kale by microwaving for 1-minute then set aside
- Chop cabbage into thin bite-size strips
- Use vegetable peeler and cut carrots into thin bite-size strips
- Squeeze lemon juice and pour olive oil onto veggies
- Toss everything together until well mixed
- Season with sea salt and red chili flakes
This salad goes great with roasted pork tenderloin and chicken. Let me know what you end up pairing it with for your fat loss meals.