Many of my clients from Santa Clarita to Stevenson Ranch come to my boot camp to lose inches around the waist.
These are some of the things I’ve learned over 13 years of helping change people’s lives.
- Just say ‘No’ to crunches. They compress the discs in your spine, and the last time I checked that doesn’t make for a happy back.
- Eat every 3 hours to push your metabolism into turbo mode.
- If you want to see the muscles in your stomach you gotta drop body fat.
- Work large muscle groups. You’ll torch more fat
- Do metabolic workouts that crank your fat burning.
- Eat clean.
- Every exercise is a belly exercise.
- If you have to choose between weights or cardio choose weights.
- Don’t just train at one speed. Your body goes slow and fast too.
- Create stability in your midsection before mobility.
- Side-bends and situps won’t make your tummy flatter.
- Train your legs, they’re the biggest muscles in your body and will burn more fat.
- Use core exercises as rest in-between sets instead of chit-chatting or checking Facebook.
- “Trying” to get fit is quitting when it gets hard, and making excuses. “Committing” to get fit is doing whatever it takes for as long as it takes.
- Delete “diet” from your mind. Diets come to an end. Fitness is for life.
- Don’t skip meals. When you don’t get enough energy, your body breaks down muscle and body fat goes up.
- Don’t eliminate carbs, choose better ones.
- Don’t go overboard with your protein. Anything more than what your body needs gets stored as fat.
- If you’re comfortable doing the same things, STOP. Mix things up with your workouts.
- Push yourself. Take your life off of cruise-control.
- Just say “no” to 3 and 5 pound weights. If you want to burn and firm you gotta lift weight that feels like weight.
- Get off of machine exercises that do the stabilizing for you.
- Your body uses all your abdominal muscles at once. There is no on and off switch for just your upper and lower abdominals.
- You cannot spot reduce.
- If you want a flatter stomach work your butt. The butt and gut work together.
- Don’t just exercise from front-to-back. Do side-to-side and rotating exercises too.
- Try holding your plank exercises for 2 minutes!
- Workout with a stability ball, you’ll use more muscles in your stomach.
- There is no magic pill.
- The spare tire didn’t show up overnight so don’t expect it be gone overnight.
- Keep a food journal. Everyone thinks they eat healthy. Are you really?
- Stop eating crap. You cannot out-train poor eating.
- Raid your pantry and throw out low-fat, non-fat, sugar-free, and diet items. While you’re at it toss out anything with ingredients you can’t pronounce.
- 90% of your success will come from getting your eating dialed-in.
Grab a fridge magnet or two and post this one up : )